3.09.2007

Deer bedded down


Deer bedded down
Taken 3/9/07 at about 5:45 pm. It was twilight and I was on skis in the Cotton Brook area off Moscow Road in Stowe (near Nebraska Notch). The photo is kind of murky because it was taken with a slow shutter (1/10) speed and a high ISO which is a far from optimal combination for my camera.

It was a great night to be out on skis as the snow was really dense so it was possible to glide along across the fields without sinking in too much. I think that will be last time I have this experience for awhile as the thaw is supposed to start this weekend.


The GPS track:


Sunset -- I skied back out with a headlamp:

(note the coyote tracks, they clearly hang out here, there were coyote signs all over)

There are times where I complain about Vermont, the weather, the politics, the cost of being here, but I have to say that it is pretty cool to get out of work at 4:15 pm (later than I would have liked) and to be able to be on skis in a pretty remote spot within 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Eva the Deadbeat said...

It is amazing how much you get outside! All I do these days is walk to and from campus - rather boring by comparison and NO deer or coyote!