4.12.2007

Waterbury: Memories of the sun

It's kind of a cliché, but:

APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

-- The Waste Land

There hasn't been much in the way of 'spring rain' lately, spring snow is more like it. Today another sloppy winter storm is moving in with mostly snow, and there have not been many soft warm sunny spring days so far... a string of cold gray days that has felt more like mid March than April. Fortunately I have been busy and hence have not noticed the weather much.

These photos were taken on March 31st, which was a kind of a tease, it was cool but absolutely clear, I spent some time wandering around town with my camera. Even though I have lived here for more than six months I am still getting to know the area. I know that these images have no particular merit as I am still learning how to get the best images out of the camera. I have found that it seems to perform best in these conditions -- strong daylight.





No comments: