5.25.2007

Sweetness and light

I tossed my camera into my courier bag today for the ride to work. It was, however, an exceedingly warm day, and so when I stopped to try and take some photos on the way home, I experienced a massive heat flush, sweat was pouring off of me, and consequently these aren't the greatest photos. The apple blossoms don't last long at all, and it won't be long before the trees revert to being a more prosaic and less gaudy green for the duration of the summer.


I find that there is something peaceful and comforting about images like this because these days when I look at an Internet news site I feel like I am living through the endtimes & expect the four horsemen of the Apocalypse to come clattering by at any moment -- and I am not someone who is eagerly awaiting the rapture. I'm sure I will be 'left behind' (I've actually seen that schlocky movie).


The title of this post is in keeping with the title of this blog (I think I have pretty much cornered the market for google searches for 'Hogarth') and is an extremely obscure allusion to Swift's "Battle of the Books" -- the bee and the spider... the bee brings forth 'sweetness and light'.

No comments: