8.19.2007

Flight of the hummingbirds!

I have been trying feed and photograph hummingbirds all summer with limited success; the hummingbird feeder at my condo has been resolutely ignored (apparently, commercial hummingbird nectar is not appealing -- plain sugar solution works much better). Today, however, I was at a house at Lake Groton where hummingbirds dart about all day long, drawn by a string of feeders on the porch. I had my camera with me, and took these images.


These are tiny, shiny birds and even though I was quite close to them it still pushed my camera to its limits to capture a sharp image.


The pictures came out OK but this does make me wish for a more powerful camera and a longer, image stabilized, lens. Some day...

I have posted some more pictures here in my photoblog account.

No comments: