11.14.2007

The definitive 2007 West Hill Cyclocross Race video

Actually it's not, but this is the best I can do with the equipment, software and brain that I have, and then the end result isn't very much at all... the title of this post is just a shameless bit of "Search Engine Marketing".

Each time I try to put something like this together I do think I get a little bit better at it but I am still not sure if the results are in any way compelling.

I use Windows Movie Maker to put videos together and it is a very crude tool but I have learned to adapt to some of its quirks and limitations. Also, my laptop is getting old and full of god knows what spyware etc. and video processing makes it almost grind to a halt, it takes considerable patience to output the final product, and then uploading it to YouTube (not my favorite website) is a whole separate process, and the crisp clear video ends up being compressed into murky and unrecognizable dreck.

Anyway, after all that complaining, here it is:

UPDATE: Check out the high res version of this video hosted on vimeo, it's much clearer.

2 comments:

Colin R said...

Nice video! I too feel the pain of windows movie maker. Have you tried upping the output quality from the default "best for my computer" setting? I change mine to do 640x480 and it's a lot slower process, but even after the youtube mauling it looks better I tihnk.

Jeff said...

Thanks, I'll have to check this out and experiment. I am not much of a videographer and YouTube is not really my thing... but there has to be a better way!