2.13.2008

Deja vu all over again: Feb. 13 2008

On February 14, 2007, a major blizzard hit Vermont, snowfall totals were measured in feet, and the storm was accompanied by high winds and very cold temperatures. Some images from that event are posted here.

Today, 364 days later, another significant storm -- though not as impressive as the 2007 blizzard, but still a pretty large dumping of snow -- hit. It started snowing around midnight and didn't stop until after sunset and there were periods of sleet mixed in as well. I worked from home, it was very quiet and refreshingly boring and I kept my camera close at hand.

Then (Feb. 14, 2007)

Now (Feb. 13, 2008): It's the same truck...
A male cardinal hunkers down in the morning sleet. Taken with my Tamron 70 x 300 mm telephoto lens.

Some people (so I've read) are "cat bloggers": I am more of a "squirrel blogger". I should figure out a way to electrify my bird feeder on demand, from inside my condo. That would teach this miscreant to find his own food.

No comments: