1.30.2009

Vermont mountains calling me

"When the going gets weird the weird turn pro" -- HST

Ricker Basin, from Waterbury Reservoir

These days, I feel like I am being beaten with a stick. Things are crumbling, there's no sign of a bottom, I hope the new administration is successful but I don't think that one political party has a monopoly on virtue, or one on vice, the more things 'change' the more they stay the same.

To escape the seemingly endless cycle of bad news, today is a ski day. I'll be high up on the ridge on skis, enjoying the fresh snow, and not connected to the outside world (I don't carry a cell phone). The market could lose 25% or another 50,000 jobs lost and I won't learn of it until I get home, and picking clean lines through the woods will occupy my mind and prevent me from dwelling on the difficulties of my own personal situation -- for one day, anyway. Enjoy the snow.

No comments: