8.18.2009

Wilmington sunset, Leland twilight

I'm down south again, it's surprisingly easy to fly from Burlington to Wilmington. Tomorrow I head back to Vermont -- a long, hot, boring drive.

Sunset over the USS North Carolina memorial, from the Wilmington waterfront.

Twilight in Leland, I've been wanting to try and capture this with a camera ever since I first saw the scene almost exactly year ago. Missing from this image are three other fast food joints: Taco Bell (I took this in the parking lot), Bojangles and Hardees. Once this town was a sleeply southern crossroads -- a whole lot of nothing -- but now it is in a very desirable location in the fastest growing county in North Carolina; sprawl and development is everywhere, under the not so benign shadow of the Golden Arches.

No comments: