3.12.2010

2010: Random Photo Content #6: Looking south on the Long Trail

Looking south on the Long Trail, approaching Camels Hump, from January 2005: Another shot taken with my first digital camera, a Canon A60. Mad River Glen and Sugarbush North are visible in the distance.

Winter is winding down fast in Vermont, it proved to be a season of relative inactivity for me: I was never once out on my skis, and only used snowshoes a couple of times. This sloth was caused both by it being a relatively poor year for snow here, and, perhaps even more significantly, by grinding economic uncertainty, which is something that can have a pronounced paralyzing effect on me. As the days get longer, the remaining snow disappears and the sun rises higher in the sky I'm now slightly optimistic that some money may start flowing my way.

No comments: