5.31.2010

Greensboro (VT) skyline and beer

Greensboro Bend, Vermont, on Saturday afternoon: winding dirt roads and fields of yellow flowers. As I was taking this photo I could hear a band playing in the distance, alerting me to the fact that I was close to the grand opening celebration of the Hill Farmstead Brewery.

Craft breweries are common in Vermont and brews that once I thought were good (Magic Hat, Otter Creek) I now consider commonplace. The Hill Farmstead Brewery has already won some gold medals at a major brewing competition and promises to bring finely crafted small batch brews to select local bars and restaurants.

Beer #1: "Abner" -- triple dry hopped, naturally carbonated....

People came from far and wide to sample the brews, eat, and listen to a band. The brewery itself is a small and unassuming building the size of a large garage, so the event was held in a field.

Beer #2: "Edward" -- double dry hopped, naturally carbonated... I preferred this to the Abner.

The keyboardist seemed pretty unhappy to be passing the glass to the horn player.

No comments: