7.19.2010

Just ride: Vermont Mountain Bike Festival images

Some images from the recent Vermont Mountain Bike Festival in Waterbury this past weekend. Well over 200 attendees enjoyed two days of fine summer riding on varied trail networks in central Vermont -- well attended rides were held in Stowe, Waterbury, Waitsfield and Hinesburg.

Riders shuttled to Waitsfield on Saturday morning.

Some images from chasing various groups around the Perry Hill trail network in Waterbury.

Not racing -- a big change in mindset for me.


Joe's on Perry Hill.

Sunday morning I went for a ride in Stowe so that I could check out the new trails there. Trapps is spending almost $6 per foot to build trails on their property. Two consequences of this investment in infrastructure are:
  1. The trails are nice and are very well built.
  2. There are not miles and miles of trails (yet).
Here is a slideshow of images from the event.


All in all the event was a success and I'm glad I helped out.

No comments: