1.29.2011

Another day on skis

I could stay inside on a Saturday concocting a blog post that would remain almost entirely unread.

Or I could go skiing instead:




It's late January and though winter is far from over -- another artic blast is forecast for the coming week -- but the sun is higher in the sky and the days are growing noticeably longer.

Oddly, though I was never much into time trialling on a bike, but I find that I enjoy pushing myself around the 7.5 km race loop at Trapps, it's a good way to get a good hard short workout in: Just start a timer and go, try not to blow up on the uphills and not crash on the downhills.

This GPS track is the race loop plus a lot of leisurely sliding around the lower slopes of the touring center instead of grinding up to the cabin and then experiencing the cold descent back down.

No comments: