2.21.2011

Fight Club: "Only after disaster can we be resurrected"



Narrator: This is crazy...
Tyler Durden: People do it everyday, they talk to themselves... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it.

AND --

Tyler Durden: Fuck off with your sofa units and string green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... let's evolve, let the chips fall where they may.*

A little Monday morning Fight Club: In my own small litany of struggle in this harsh cold world, "let's evolve, let the chips fall where they may" speaks to me as the next phase begins.

More juicy quotes from the movie here. Listen to the Pixies Where is my mind? here.

*This is the first time the word "fuck" has appeared on this blog -- in 4+ years of blogging. This is not because of any prudishness on my part, but was a quite deliberate authorial choice, I worked in an environment where the f-bomb was used very causally and frequently, and consequently felt no need to use it when not at work.

Also the local Vermont "alternative" weekly prints this word on average 1+ times per issue, usually quite gratuitously, which I think is incredibly déclassé.

No comments: