3.13.2011

From north to south

Monday morning, 3/7/2011, 5 am: Full on blizzard conditions in Vermont. But the weather is warming so now the landscape is just a gray muddy mess marked by lots of potholes filled with dirty water. It will be a while before all the snow melts.

Carolina blue skies (from a previous trip in 2008).

So I am heading south again, fleeing depressing weather, a long running home renovation project, and a high degree of professional uncertainty.

I hope that when I return to Vermont I will experience a succession of soft warm spring days, a finished kitchen, and certainty about my career -- but all these things seem quite unlikely. But a few days of warm sun and some barbeque and shellfish shouldn't be a bad experience once I get through the TSA line at the airport.

No comments: